Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Kaleigh

"How do I get myself in these situations?" I kept asking myself that over and over again. Truthfully though, I knew the answer. My Grandma always use to say to me "Girl one day that nose of yours is going to get in some business it can't get out of". Naturally like every child I blocked that out of my head and went and got into someone else business. Now here I am 14 years later at 27 sitting in front of my "boyfriend's" house trying to see if he has company. The fact that I have to stoop to this level should be reason enough to leave him alone, but I can't. To say he is my drug of choice is an understatement. Rashand, or Sha as they call him in the streets, and I have been together for four years. We started off with a bang, a love at first sight thing, now things have started to fizzle. I've been nothing but good to him so I would like to know exactly why he hasn't put a ring on it. I can only assume it's some skeezer. The ratio of good men in this city is low, so I know all the vultures have been after him. I always felt secure in our relationship up until recently. So in a round about way that is why I am sitting here on Euclid at two o'clock in the morning dressed in cliche' all black. If my sister could see me now she would have a hissy fit. No way in hell is a daughter of Judge Lancaster hitting rock bottom like this. That's why I brought along our cousin McKenzie, she's a ride or die kind of girl.

"McKenzie, McKenzie wake up."

"What Kaleigh? Damn it's bad enough you've had me out here for the past two hours, can I at least get a five minute nap"

"Trick you been sleep for 30 minutes and I'm getting bored. I know someone is in there and I can't wait to see their faces when I bust them."

"You know you really live in a delusional world Kaleigh. What has Sha done to make you think he is cheating"

"I'm not stupid Kenzie. We barely spend time together, our sex life is almost extinct, and he's always gone from home."

"You know you my cousin and I love you to death but the man has been working. It's hard when your just trying to get your foot in the door as a politician, he does a lot of campaigning. You knew his goals when you first started in college."

"And whose side are you on exactly skank."

"You know I'm all for you but at this moment I would like to be on MY right side going to sleep."

" I know you better be on point when it's time to jump out, I can't be out here acting all ghetto by myself. If the family ever find out I will never hear the end of it. They expect this kind of stuff from you."

"Yeah yeah wake me when it pops off."

The time was dragging on and on. My eyes felt like weights were tied to my lashes. If he would just answer my call and let me know that he was at home I could pull off. With his car on the street and the house dark I can only assume one thing. There is most definitely a chick in there. Oooohhh if I could just get, get my hands on them. God am I sleepy but I swear it will take the heavens to part before I pull off. That's right I am going to sit here until my questions are answered.

When I opened my eyes I could see that four hours had past it was 6:30 in the morning. I sprang up wiping the slob off my face. McKenzie was next to me snoring lightly. It then hit me that I was still on Sha's street and I had fallen asleep. His car was gone which meant he had already left for the day. It was then I saw it, a note with my name spread across in his handwriting on my window.

"I started to wake you but you were sleep so peacefully, I left my key under the mat for you to freshen up and get something to eat. Call when you get up with your psycho ass. Love you."

I feel like a complete ass!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

ROLL BOUNCE,
WOW!!!! THAT STORY DRAWS YOU IN, I CANT WAIT TO READ MORE.LOL

Anonymous said...

I am so glad u texted me the add for this, I love your stories but please please please dont stop this one, thank u

Anonymous said...

I just luv your short stories girl!

Ill be following along. I can tell this is going to be good!

Where Poca, Queen, Nicole, Jamie and the rest of the crew? Lol!


SL

Jami B. said...

I'm here but I was waiting to get word that she wouldn't ditch us on this story like last time.

Nicole is out of town but she will be caught up by Monday.

Anonymous said...

OMG what did I sneak up on, I am so glad I clicked that link. This was very descriptive and really good. I can't wait for Tuesday for the second part

Anonymous said...

she is such a dummy. I really want to read what happens to her

Nicole, Inc. said...

Nicole, Inc is back! :)

You know how I love your short stories. I wonder what is going to happen next.